1. Cindy Cruciger is avoiding me. I’m convinced of it. First she was “sick” Uh-huh. Then she comes to “find” me when I’m right in the middle of something (like speaking to a room full of aspiring authors or eating dinner). Clearly she’s afraid to find out if I really order chianti and fava beans.
2. RT is one long party. I’ve spent more time in the bar than in my own room, I believe. Including sleep time.
3. People are always hungry at RT. Why? Because they’re always on the run from one thing to another and don’t have time to eat.
4. I’m tired already.
5. Linnea Sinclair is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. I just barely refrained from jumping up and down when I met her and have since had several conversations with her.
6. There’s a lot of booze consumed and a lot of cigarettes smoked at this conference.
7. The hotel is beautiful and the staff have been wonderful. The elevators are glass elevators and that’s cool.
8. But holy smokes are the food/drink expensive. As is internet connection (ten bucks a day). Yowch.
10. Did I forget to tell you I’m tired already?
11. I met Keri Arthur! I’ve been talking about her Riley Jensen books for months now, ever since I got the ARCs and I finally got to meet her! I didn’t actually get to stop and talk because I had my hands full and was on my way somewhere, but I got to meet her, at least!
12. Despite having met too many people to count, being approached, introduced and tracked down, there are still a huge number of people I know are here but who I haven’t spoken with yet (besides Cindy Cruciger who’s avoiding me).
13. If I don’t get more sleep, I’m going to be half-dead when I get home.
Bonus 14: The Left Behind contest is still running until next week!