Do you own a Sony Reader?

Samhain is going to work on converting our backlist to a readable Sony Reader format (specially formatted PDF) and from now on, new releases will have this format offered as well (expanding our current list of formats offered to seven: Adobe/PDF, Microsoft Reader/LIT, Mobipocket/PRC, Ebookwise/IMP, HTML, Rocketbook/RB, and Sony Reader).

Currently, there are three books only available in that format (at a customer’s request) but if you are interested in purchasing a book in the Sony Reader format, just email and we’ll make those available. Please understand that converting our backlist will take a while–there are around 600 books–but all you have to do is ask!

I have that song in my head…

“Another One Bites the Dust”.

Got an email this morning with a link to the most amusing and creative announcement. Pretty soon I’m not going to have any authors left to edit because they’ll all have sold to NY and won’t have time for me anymore. *hand to forehead* Oh woe is me 😉

Go check out this video announcement (make sure your sound is on) and congratulate Lori Armstrong on her 2 book deal! (for those wondering, she writes for Samhain as Lorelei James). Lori is a totally hardworking author who always turns in the cleanest product possible and is incredibly in tune with the details, all while writing a great story, so I’m not at all surprised she’s gotten this deal. Congratulations, Lori!

Oliver update #2

Unless something changes, I won’t bore or torture anyone with future updates after this one.

I took Oliver to the vet this morning and well, long story short, he’s probably dying. He hasn’t gained back much weight and he was still dehydrated (and had to get more IV fluids while he was there). When the vet felt his abdomen, Oliver took great offense (because of the pain). So yeah, he’s got an abdominal mass. Is it cancer or is it an intestinal thing? Another $1000 for an ultrasound and exploratory surgery would tell us. The end result is that if it’s cancer, he’d still be dying. If it’s a major intestinal thing, he’d still be dying. There is a small hope that it could involve only a small portion of his intestine, which could be removed and he *might* get better. The vet was pretty grim with me today, which was a change from all of the more positive possibilities last week.

At this point, I simply cannot afford to spend another $1000 dollars on a small possibility. I walked out of the vet’s office with another round of steroids, which will help him feel less pain and encourage his appetite. I also left with a lot less hope and feeling a little devastated. Last week, the vet said “feed him this special food that’s much better for him” and this week I got “feed him whatever he’ll eat”. If he doesn’t start eating more, or stops eating altogether. Well. We won’t discuss that because I’m ugly when I cry.

We’ll go back in another week for a check up and I’m holding on to the slim hope I have that he’s going to get better, but it’s getting harder to be positive. I can do it. One day at a time, right?

Pin It on Pinterest