I’m awfully good at ignoring these memes when I’m tagged. But with each time I’m tagged, the guilt grows. I’ve been tagged three times in the past month, for the same meme. Clearly you guys think I have a lot of random stuff to share. Or you’re trying to get me to blog more often.
Here’s the rules, most of which I have no intention of following. I figure if I can have authors ignore directions I give in emails, this is my opportunity to get some small revenge. Ha! *insert evil laugh here*
The rules are:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your blog entry.
5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs.
1. I have an unnatural affection for movies where there’s a lot of dancing and music, of some sort. Like Bring it On, Save the Last Dance, or You Got Served. And yes, I did adore the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and think it was one of the best things to come out of season six (I even own the soundtrack). But I don’t watch Dancing with the Stars. Never have.
2. I’ve worked, in no particular order and not meant to be an inclusive list, at a zoo, an upholsterer, a psych hospital, hospice, at a hotel, a fancy coffee shop as a barista. But I never worked at any fast food restaurants or worked as a waitress.
3. I get the top 1/3 of my hair permed (okay, this is a relatively new thing that just started last fall). It’s because my hair is curly/wavy but the top layers get very straight, so it never looks right. So my hairdresser decided to perm just that top layer, to give it curl (this worked amazingly well). The sad thing is, in my teen years, my hair was stick straight and I hated it, wished it was curly. Now I have curly hair for some reason–ever since college–and I would love it to be straight again. We’re never happy, are we? Oh, and I have such thick hair that every hairdresser I’ve ever been to always says I have the thickest hair they’ve ever seen. I wish it wasn’t quite so thick. See? Never happy!
4. I work from home but during the day I work in (almost) silence. No TV, no music. I put the almost because I have two dogs, two cats and two fish tanks. They’re all noisy. I know people think I’m at home during the day watching soaps, or talk shows or whatever, but if I did that, I wouldn’t be working. I’d be watching TV. And the music is just a distraction to me as well. I love the quiet during the day. It’s soothing. I’m kind of wondering how I’ll adapt to working in an office again!
5. On the subject of TV, I rarely watch it and when I do, it’s almost always sports (or Brianna’s shows). There are some shows that I love and I have DVD after DVD of shows I plan to watch “someday” but when it comes down to it, TV is usually the last thing I’d choose to do. I’d rather be surfing the internet, reading, or sewing.
6. Advertising and suggestions related to food work on me. Josh used to laugh because seeing the Nascar car with peanut M&M advertising used to always make me crave peanut M&Ms. If I’m reading a book and the characters are eating/drinking something (yesterday it was buttered toast), then I develop a craving for that food. I read this blog and every day I find myself wanting to go to her house to eat, because most of that isn’t stuff I can make myself (though I sure have been eating a lot of sticky rice lately!)
Because I don’t want to give anyone the chance to ignore me 😉 I’m not tagging anyone. If you feel the driving need to do it, you can pretend I tagged you and do the meme on your blog.