Thanks to a tip from you know who, who was laughing hysterically over this article at MSNBC
Pranks with electronic road signs stir worry
COLLINSVILLE, Illinois – Pranksters in at least three states are messing with electronic road signs meant to warn motorists of possible traffic problems by putting drivers on notice about Nazi zombies and raptors. And highway safety officials aren’t amused.
The latest breach came Tuesday during the morning rush hour near Collinsville, Ill., where hackers changed a sign along southbound Interstate 255 to read, “DAILY LANE CLOSURES DUE TO ZOMBIES.”
A day earlier in Indiana’s Hamilton County, the electronic message on a board in Carmel’s construction zone warned drivers of “RAPTORS AHEAD — CAUTION.”
Story continues below ?advertisement | your ad here
And signs in Austin, Texas, recently flashed: “NAZI ZOMBIES! RUN!!!” and “ZOMBIES IN AREA! RUN.”
Okay, I can’t help it….bwahahahaha. It would totally make my day if I saw something like that.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Traffic Sign Hacking Spreads To Indiana [Novelties] (jalopnik.com)
- Zombie Traffic Sign Hacking Spreads To Illinois [Novelties] (jalopnik.com)
- Hackers Changed Road Sign To Zombies Ahead (livecrunch.com)
- ‘Raptors Ahead’ Sign Brings Fear to Indiana (zoice.com)
- Warning: Zombies Ahead (xo.typepad.com)