A tried and true recipe from Jessica Faust of BookEnds Lit Agency. She said she had a lot of recipes to choose from, but this one is such an old favorite that she had to share it.
–typically called Vodka Sauce, but when you have kids everything comes down to color.
1 stick unsalted butter
1 medium onion diced
1 medium carrot, grated finely
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 cup vodka
2 28-ounce cans of whole tomatoes, diced.
2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
1. Heat butter in a large heavy pan. When bubbles have ceased add onion and carrot and saute until soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Add garlic. The more you mince the garlic the stronger the garlic flavor. I like using a garlic press. Add thyme and red pepper. Cook for about 1 minute.
3. Add vodka and cook down until almost dry. About 10 minutes.
4. Add diced tomatoes with their juices. Simmer uncovered 30 minutes.
5. Add cream. Simmer uncovered 30 minutes.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
We typically serve over a pasta like ziti or penne and I love to serve roasted eggplant on the side.
Jessica Faust is a literary agent and owner of BookEnds Literary Agency where she represents a number of award-winning and bestselling authors in the areas of romance, mystery, womena??s fiction, young adult, fantasy and nonfiction.
Jessica has been a regular columnist with Romantic Times magazine and taught at New York University’s Continuing Education Program, been recognized as Agent of the Year by the NYC Romance Writers of America chapter, and maintains daily blog posts on the BookEnds Lit Agency blog where she regularly dispenses advice on publishing.
You can contact Jessica directly through the BookEnds web site at www.bookends-inc.comA? or follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/BookEndsJessica.